The R&D Mechanical Engineer Emergency Lighting Units will be responsible for the validation and development of global platform for emergency Lighting products. Work within multidisciplinary team and also in association with the regional teams, the mechanical engineer will ensure a development of range of creative solutions, allow a best usage of subcomponents by various regional centers, and meet their requirements and needs. You will accomplish any design task related to this business with objectivity and communicate well with colleagues for a good environment.
– Designing innovative and modular components as required, defined by an architect of the emergency products platform.
– Developing the sub-components materials for other emergency products platforms.
– Creating the validation strategies for sections under his responsibility.
– Working with the suppliers to identify the optimal components, in the terms of budget and performance constraints.
– Ensuring a general understanding of customers’ needs and requirements; as well as the different standards and codes that can impact designs.
– Plan and follow-up projects with other members.
– Active participation in meetings of the design review.
– Writing technical documents during all development phases.
– Ensuring the designed products will meet the customers’ requirements, also the safety and quality standards.
– Providing technical support to the engineers who participate in projects and also to regional teams.
– Bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering, as well as minimum of five years working experience in design of emergency products, or any equivalent.
– Experience with mechanical design.
– Knowledge of the standards of water and dust resistance for enclosures.
– Knowledge of integration of electronic and electrical components.
– Experience in computer software (printed circuits design – CAD).
– Knowledge of the lighting products, such as LED and also previous technologies.
– Knowledge of the tools of product development and also processes.
– Knowledge of intelligent property activities.
– Functional English (spoken – written), also another language is a plus.
– Good interpersonal and also communication skills.
– Independence and leadership for managing the priorities with the targeted goals.
– Ability to travel.
To find more lighting jobs please visit us at Lighting Arena.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org